Deployment Goals: Update!
My boyfriend's deployment is quickly coming to an end--BOY did that go by quick (thankfully!). So I figured I should give an update on how my goals went for this round....
1) Finish my AFAA Certification. Sadly, I think I have put this on the back burner. I know I won't get it done by the time my study period expires, and I don't know if I can reapply. So, this didn't happen. I did get through a few more chapters, though, and still want to continue studying the content....I just don't know when I'll be able to take the exam to become certified.
2) Get CPR Certified. Again, this didn't happen.
3) Attempt a run streak. I did attempt this, but it didn't last very long. I would like to try it again soon so I'm counting this as a go since I just said "attempt" ;)
4) Stay in a macro cut & get consistent. Yes, I've stayed pretty consistent with my counting and cutting. I have NOT been perfect, but especially this month I have been getting a better groove.
5) Transfer all old pictures off my phone to computer. Goodness....this is a feat in itself. Every time I sit down to do this, even just 1 month's worth, I stop. It's just time consuming and I don't want to spend that much time doing it. I'm hoping to get 1 or 2 months done next weekend.
6) Do a pull-up. I actually haven't even attempted it yet....
7) Do 10 push-ups & 1 minute planks every day. I did a plank challenge all of June and added my push-ups in with it, but I have stopped doing it!! I'm so sad that I stopped. BUT, I've gotten in a great morning workout routine that has really helped me stay active. I'm counting this as partially done....
8) Read 1 book. I began reading The Five Second Rule but I haven't finished it. It's a very easy read, hopefully I can finish it on the plane out to see him for his homecoming!
So, I clearly didn't pick the best goals if I didn't accomplish them. I really think my mindset just changed at the beginning of July--I was stressed with other life happenings and didn't want to think about anything structured. But I've gotten myself back on track and I am really enjoying my routine.